Polyphthalamide is a semi-crystalline, partially aromatic high temperature plastic which can be used for extended periods at temperatures as high as 185 C. Furthermore, it has exceptional stiffness, outstanding chemical resistance and a price/performance ratio, which places it among the most attractive high temperature materials available in the market today.
- A semi-crystalline structure with a Tg of 126 C and a melting point of 300 C
- Outstanding mechanical properties, particularly stiffness and tensile strength
- Excellent chemical resistance to oils, greases, aliphatic, aromatic and halogenated hydrocarbons and strong alkalies; limited resistance to strong acids
- Relatively low moisture absorption
- Outstanding wear and friction properties