Polycarbonate (PC) is an amorphous engineering plastic with a glass transition temperature of 150 C. In its natural form, it offers a unique combination of stiffness, hardness and toughness up to a temperature of 135 C. Fibre reinforced PC has an outstanding creep resistance up to 145C and excellent impact properties.
- Amorphous structure with a continuous use temperature of 115 C
- High stiffness, hardness and impact over a broad temperature range
- Outstanding transparency and gloss in its natural form
- Excellent colourability
- Flame retardant grades available
- Limited chemical resistance; particularly sensitive to stress cracking and hydrolysis.
- Notch sensitive