Polyphenylene oxide is a material which is always present in the blend with other materials. Most commonly, a mixture with HIPS, but also mixtures of polyamide and polypropylene appear. This is an engineering plastic which has excellent dielectric and mechanical properties, and high heat resistance.
- PPO + PS with an amorphous structure having a glass transition temperature of 140 ° C.
- Low density
- Very low moisture absorption
- Very good dimensional stability
- Excellent hydrolysis resistance
- Chemical resistant to weak acids, alkalis, some aliphatic hydrocarbons and hot water; Not resistant to aromatic and halogenated hydrocarbons and strong acids.
- Good mechanical properties over a wide temperature range
- Low warpage tendency at high temperatures